In the real world, Heterochromia refers to the condition when a person has two different eye colours; similarly, in Sims 4 heterochromia, the feature allows you to apply the same appearance to your character. The Heterochromia in Sims 4 is the dreamy eyes, which is made to, at a time, overlap one eye. To put into simpler words, you must have the base level of your eyes applied with the same set and texture. In addition to that, if both left and right eye meshes are used at the same time, the eyes would have the same texture, and you might not get the desired result.
Compatibility Note: The skin detail versions still use the ring texture space, and therefore can’t be used with rings.
Also, if you have never used a heterochromia eye mesh before, they’re made to sit over the top of one eye at a time. Meaning you will need your base eyes (defaults, non-defaults) to be the same set. This is why I’ve linked the original set It also means that if you try to use both the left eye mesh and the right eye mesh at the same time, the quality will be the same and the colour will change for both of them simultaneously instead of giving the desired effect. Use only one side!
Sims 4 Heterochromia eyes
Important Things to keep in mind in Sims 4 Heterochromia eyes:
- Be careful about the version of the sims 4 mod (which are V1 and V2) you download. There are two types of versions of the mod available: V1 and V2.
- The availability of the mod is applicable to male & female, humans and, toddlers to elders. In addition to that, the Rings category contains all the Maxis Match Colours.
Note: The mod’s skin detail structure can’t be adopted with the rings because it uses the ring texture spaces.
Heterochromia Sims 4
Toksik’s Mesh CC
- Making credits go to Nor’Easter for hair, which is further enhanced by recolouring by Stargirl Sims.
- BrntWaffles for skin details.
- Face highlights mastered to perfection by Dewy Skin Pack, initiated by PralineSims.
- 3D lashes V2 for eyelashes by Kijiko. Tap here to find 3D lash mod.
- Elegant Cat Eyeliner N05 for Eyeliner, initiated by PralineSims.
- Modthesimss for lips and freckles.
- Overalls Jumpsuit for apparels by Rusty Nail
Teanmoon’s mesh of heterochromia eye
It is the CC for Yahline’s eyes 2.0; it has the multi-coloured eyes which has no dots in the iris. This mesh needs the base level eyes of EA (defaults & non-defaults) because these “Yahline eyes” version 2.0, would overlap the base one to work and this will not work with skin details and the rings.
Down below, I list down some details on Yahline eyes 2.0:
- It is the Sims 4 heterochromia eyes maxis match.
- Provides base game compatibility.
- Adds one more option: Heterochromia eye, Default and Non-default.
- It gives you the option of 30 Swatches, including custom colours of about 12 and 18 EA defaults.
- A shadowed scelera is also present.
- All the genders and age-groups can access it.
- Stored and found in the skin detail category.
- Enabled for random.
- Recolouring is allowed.
- They also depict the eyes of a werewolf.
Multiple Eyes Set
Set 1: Heterochromia eye Set
- The set includes: Earth Eyes N98 NON-DEFAULT + HETEROCHROMIA:
25 colours in eye colour category, under facepaint for male-female sims from toddler to elder.
- Galdin Eyes N137 NON-DEFAULT + Heterochromia:
Eyes in 30 colours in eye colour category, under facepaint for male-female sims from toddler to elder.
- Euphoria Eyes N149 NON-DEFAULT + HETEROCHROMIA Publi:
Eyes in 40 colours in eye colour category, under facepaint for male-female sims from toddler to elder.
- Stella Eyes N156 NON-DEFAULT + HETEROCHROMIA:
Eyes in 45 colours in eye colour category, under facepaint for male-female sims from toddler to elder.
Note: Bracelet space conflicts with eye surface, avoid using bracelets together with the eyes.
Set 2: Update 04/02/2017
To get rid of the shine, facepaint option has been removed when they are being used with the defaults and non-defaults with a specular map.
- 18 Colors custom content.
- HQ has been made compatible for pictures taken without HQ mod
- 4 Options listed down below with the download links
- Facepaint and Heterochromia Versions have custom thumbnails
- Applicable to all Genders
- Applicable from Toddlers to Elders
Note: Look for heterochromia eyes under the Skin Detail. They are using the same texturespace so they will conflict with the bracelets. Use them with any of the other three options of the regular eyes, to combine the chromas.
The Sims 4 is a fantastic game that allows you to customize your player according to your own liking to the extent of resembling your wanted Heterochromia.
The Sims 4 Heterochromia is a little hefty process but worth the time for it adds a totally different look to your Sim.
Furthermore, go check out the periods mod, that lets you experience yet another phenomenon of life.