Table of Contents
The Sims 4 studio has introduced this new feature in the game which allows you to select and play as pets. The Sims 4 playable pets mod, gives you the option to be in the power of your own needs and characteristics.
Features of this playable pets mod
There are numerous ventures for you to enjoy in pet cc due to the controllable pets module. The pastimes available to you are as follows –
- Hemp pet collars
The playable pets mod Sims 4 provides you with a choice between seven colours for dogs along with a heart or star tag. A similar number of options are available for cats which comes with a silver or golden bell.
Type “merry” in the search bar and you’d find them in the game catalogue.
- Colours of tennis ball
Four varieties of balls are available to choose from, which the dog can carry in his mouth during the match.
You can purchase them from the Real life pet store given in the game.
- Pets food bowl recolour –
Different food bowls are up for grabs in this playable pets cc so that you can use separate bowls for your cats and dogs. It would avoid confusion, as well.
- Real looking eyes –
Sims 4 playable pets Mod Download
It is essential to know “what is resource.cfg Sims 4” as its presence in the program allows you to download any modifications. The steps to install the playable pets mod are –
- Download the sims 4 playable pets mod.
- Save the downloaded playable pets mod file into the modules folder.
- Search for the Game Options drop-down menu, when you’ve successfully downloaded.
- Click and enable the Custom Content and modifications in the Game Options. Allow the Scripts modules to function as well.
- Re-launch your program whenever you change any of the settings of the module.
- Voila! You can now enjoy this playable pets mod.
How do I install Sims 4 pets mod?
You can download the Sims 4 pets mod from the official website and its link is given above. Afterwards, place it in the Documents>EA>The Sims 4>Mods.
Activate the Custom Content option from the game menu and the Script Mods. Start the game again.
Language translation issue:
You might come across the language-translation issue quite a few times in this playable pets mod. For example, changing the dialect of the subtitles could give rise to glitches.
The reason such a malfunction arises is that there is no text added to the program other than English. The attributes set in the game are depicted in the English language only.
Here’s what you should do to if you face this issue in the playable pets mod:
- You need to recognize the missing parts in pets mod.. Send the creators an original string files prevalent in the Sims 4 Pets Cats and Dogs expansion.
- When they become aware of this setback, they can work on the translations of the missing parts and make it a part of the game.
The string file location would appear in this pathway while correcting the issue
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims4\EP04\Strings_ENG_US.Package
The final string might be distinct from the others as follows –
- Strings_POR_BR.package (Portuguese Language)
- Strings_GER_DE.package (German Language)
- Strings_POL_PL.package (Polish Language)
But if various languages are at play and you notice that the errors are similar with all languages, the string file wouldn’t change.
Best modifications available
The Sims 4 MC Command Center mod has introduced additions in the Cats and Dogs EP with the playable modules. Various interactions have also been made a part of the game, giving it more zing. Some of the best mods are –
- Animal control
You can control your pets through this pets mod the same way as Sims 3 with this animal control mod. The varied requirements of the animal cc such as bladder control, hygiene, hunger etc. are all under your command. Although 2022 is here so we can expect more improvements.
- Animal eyes
Even your human player can get a set of eyes similar to your pets, or you can select any pair you prefer. There are several colours accessible with perfect shapes.
- Pets with three legs
A lot of animals have suffered in their life because of abandonment, deadly disease or something else. It’d be better to make them a part of your virtual life as well. You could choose an animal character with a limb missing or so for yourself in this pet mod.
- Vet hire
If you have a passion for healing the furry creatures, choose this module. The earlier issues regarding under qualified or overqualified vets has been solved, and you can hire any one of them, disregarding their qualifications.
- Increase in pet sale prices
Selling your pet must earn you some profit, regardless of whether you have small pets mod or pets cc. If you’re planning on running a pet breeding business, it is essential for you. The traits of the animals determine their price in this module. Someone with the Sims 4 wicked pets wouldn’t gain higher prices as compared to those who are playful and friendly.
- Red panda
If you don’t prefer common animals as your pet, choose the red panda through this aspect. It looks exactly like the real-life creatures.
- Re-colouring for dogs and cats
It offers you an opportunity to make your creatures appear more bright and colourful. The default options are somewhat restricted, but you can still make them look vibrant.
- Demogorgon hat for cat
Your cat would acquire an evil look after wearing this specific hat.
- Superman/batman shirts pets
T-shirts designed exclusively for your dogs with Superman/Batman depictions.
Sims 4 selectable pets
To not make your animals a member of your household since the maximum residents allowed are only 8, you can’t add more. So to make things easier, you can have more than 8 pets and not make them a part of your household as well.
You have to select creatures to be kept in a different lot and make sure to add it to your favourites to prevent them from being killed.
Aom selectable pets options
Aom selectable pets offer you these choices,
- My pets
Now, everyday animals can also be part of your household, but you are allowed to choose only one in a single go. You can acquire countless paw-friends through it.
- My pets cancellation
You can eliminate your bond with a particular pet.
- Call pet home
A manual home for the pet can be arranged, but another lot shouldn’t be created. In the Cats and Dogs mods, more interactions can be included by choosing the Pie Menu. This way, you can call creatures and decide an outfit for them.
How to control pets
Enabling the playable pets mods can aid you in ts4 control pets. Different conducts of the furry creatures can be handled with this simple trick.
If you face such problems, follow these steps –
- Ensure your game has the latest update. This mod includes script functionality. Older versions of Sims 4 are NOT compatible.
- Script mods should be enabled in your game settings.
- Unfurl the aom_selectable_pets.zip file into your Documents/Sims 4/Mods folder. Don’t retrieve or alter the .package file or .ts4script file.
- Don’t store the .ts4script in a subfolder or it won’t function.
Sims 4 control pets mod
- Pets can live for 3-4 weeks based on their health. But if you get a puppy, their lifespan would be 5-6 weeks.
- Animals can procreate, but it’d add to the members of your household, so focus on population control.
- Only two similar species of animals can breed and not a cat and dog, for example.
No, pets aren’t playable in Sims 4 under the Cats and Dog expansion because you can’t control them, like in real life. Even though, it’s a bog controversy since its launch, but that’s how it is. However, you can get the sims 4 playable pets mod.
To make pets playable in Sims 4, you must download Sims 4 playable pets mod and place the file in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods. Navigate to the Game Options menu, select other and enable the “Content and Mods” along with the “Script Mods Allowed.” Lastly, restart the game.
Yes, mods are allowed in Sims 4 because they are an indispensable part of the game. Therefore, it’s an easy process to download any mod you prefer; however, Maxis doesn’t support, pre-screen or endorse modules in any way.
There is a cheat to get them and it’s as follows –
• Enter “testingcheats true”
• Bring your cursor over the basket icon in the Vet Perk list and it’d inform you that “you’ve already purchased this perk,” thus confirming that the cheat works. This Sims pets cheat would allow you to hire one extra vet under the Manage Employees Window and also lets you determine the quality of the supplies.
Yes, there is a cheat to controlling pets. All you have to do is input “testingcheats true” and a message would pop up “cheats enabled.” Now you can enter any cheat you want.
Yes, you can control your pet in Sims 4 by installing the playable pets mod. Through this module, you can control their behaviour and aspects like hunger and peeing.
To access control in Sims 4, you must enable or disable the “boolProp ControlPets Setting”.
No, Sims 4 doesn’t include horses, however, you can enjoy the Cats and Dogs expansion instead.
If the pets are a puppy, then they can live up to 5-6 weeks or else their lifespan is 3-4 weeks only if they remain healthy.
Pets in Sims 4 can have babies; however, they are taken into count with the other family members in the household. So you must keep a check on that.
No, it’s not possible for a dog to breed with a cat. They can only breed with their own species.
The playable modules are a welcome addition to the game, and you wouldn’t regret experiencing it. Sims 4 control pets would guide you through all the hustle.If you’re looking for more modules to download, then try out this slice of life mod.