If you’ve been playing the sims 4, then you might be aware that even though the sims have a bar and go out for drinks, they don’t actually get drunk. And what’s the point of drinking if you don’t get drunk? In addition to this, the sims are made so innocent that all they drink is water or juices, which is quite contrary to real-life wherein adults, occasionally indulge in drinking.
So, to add to the realism of this real-life simulation game and grant our sims a literal happy hour, our excellent modders have created the sims 4 drunk mod along with a few other drinking mods. Read till the end!
Sims 4 get drunk mod
This modification is also known as the “Drink, drank, drunk” mod and is made by the cc creator, Candyd.
Now, as discussed before, your sims can’t get drunk in the base game. They just drink alcoholic drinks as if they have a glass of water and receive no special buffs. So to get them buzzed, you can install this modification along with the ones mentioned later in this article.
Let us know more about this module.
What does this sims 4 drink mod do?
Firstly, this modification mainly draws on the “over-medicated” moodlet, which is a part of the sickness system in the “Get to work” EP. It alters it and makes all the bar drinks powerful enough to give your sim the “dazed moodlet.” Now, whenever they’ll order a drink at the bar, they’ll get buzzed! Furthermore, the “over-medicated” moodlet has been modified in this cc, making it stronger and more effective. Lastly, the moodlet is now on a scale of 1-10. So, if you start to get tipsy and somehow reach level 10 of the “over-medicated” moodlet, then any other positive buffs will render ineffective against it.
Secondly, you get three flavor options that let you decide how long do you want your character to stay drunk. These are:
- 3-hours flavor: This is very similar to the original over-medicated buff and won’t be of much use if you want something realistic as it fades away within 3 hours. However, if you want something light for your sim, you can go on with this one and ward off the dazed moodlet by napping.
- 6-hours flavor: This 6 hours flavor is better than the 3-hours flavor as it stays for a more extended period, though you can still choose to pass this time by dozing off.
- 12-hours flavor: This one is more strong and acute as it stays for 12-hours straight, and if you wish to shorten this agonizing, drunken phase, then you’ll have to take two naps at least.
These changes will also persist when you use prescription drugs or use the over-drugged moodlet. Also, no matter how many times you choose the 3-hour flavor, it will still be applicable for 3-hours, i.e., the hours won’t add up.
Now, whatever flavor you choose, your sim will behave like an actual drunkard. So, expect to see them walking in a zig-zag pattern, rolling eyes, acting strange, and putting all the onus of their current ill-state on a cough syrup!
Note: You can only choose one flavor, or else the game starts to crash.
How to download this sims 4 module?
Follow these installation instructions:
- Install this module from this website – and unzip the file on your computer.
- Put the file in your mods’ folder.
- Start the game and turn testingcheats on.
- Restart the game and enjoy playing!
Additional notes: This beer mod is for the game version 1.29. Also, it needs “Get to Work” expansion pack to fully function. Furthermore, the older versions of TS4 won’t be compatible with this modification.
Sims 4 alcohol mod
This alcohol cc is by custom content creator “Wolfdude.” This is quite similar to the drunk mod mentioned above, but the buffs and interactions are slightly different.
Now, this drinking mod consists of four buffs which are:
- Buzzed: This will initiate as soon as you have your first drink. You’ll get a 1+ happy buff which will last around 45 minutes.
- Drunk: Now, as the “buzzed” buff starts to fade away, you receive the drunken mood. This is a +10 dazed buff that includes – feeling highly energetic, the urge to pee, and an ability to form lovable bonds.
- Wasted: This is a 10+ dazed buff for your sim. Only if he keeps drinking even after receiving the drunk buff. It’s more severe than the drunken mood.
- Hungover: This kicks in when the wasted moodlet starts to fade away. So, you’ll acquire a 10+ uncomfortable buff that will ail you for 4 hours and dissipate your energy while lowering the hunger and social decay. Furthermore, your characters do have a slim chance of not getting hungover if they keep on intoxicating themselves. Now, even though it will not deteriorate your character’s wellbeing in the starting this will initially not show any ill effects but will eventually deteriorate your character’s well-being.
How to install this sims 4 alcohol mod?
The procedure for downloading this is the same for the “Sims 4 get drunk mod.” So, to download it,
Basemental Alcohol mod
This is an exciting drunk module by Basemental, who have a streak of launching outstanding modules! The mod similar to this one is their basemental drug mod, but it is more focused on drugs than alcohol. Now, this one is focused on giving your character the first-hand experience of being drunk and then, having fun. Some of the characteristic features of this module are;
Blocks “Slice of Life” Drunk Buffs
This module hinders KawaiiStacie’s Slice of Life drunk buffs. The only way to unblock them is by typing in “bma_cheats” in the cheat console to use the cheat list.
You get drunk when you start drinking at the bar. However, if you stop drinking, the effects will subside. In addition to this, your sim will get additional moodlets and buffs depending on the number of drinks he intoxicated himself with.
With heavy drinking comes the nightmare of hangovers! So, stay prepared because getting drunk and having fun comes at a price.
You can buy this trait to increase your tolerance.
Bouncers (Lot Trait)
You can get a bouncer in your club or bar to ensure that all the folks behave decently. The bouncer will be a regular sim but with a bouncer trait. So, if your sim is caught misbehaving, then the bouncer will kick him out!
Also, if your character acquires the hot-headed trait, then he might settle this with an aggressive fight.
Now, teens, can get buzzed by sneaking into the club.. But if they have the bouncer trait on then, they might have to show their ID to the bouncer.
To buy a Fake-ID, tap on any pc and then on the “Order” menu. The inventory stores the id and costs 1500 simoleons.
To make this experience more authentic, this module also has the feature of drunk texting! So, your character will drunk text anybody via their mobile, and the reply that your sim might receive will be based on the moodlets they have at that moment.
Drunk text, hence, will be risky and can make or break your relationship with the recipient!
Real Drink Names
This modification also replaces the sketchy names of the drinks in the game with some original-like brand names—for example, McDilian’s Single Malt.
How to install this cc?
To download this mod, follow these steps:
- Download the zipped file from
- Delete the old files from your mods folder if you’ve updated your game.
- Then, extract the contents of the installed file.
- Store the files in your Modifications folder.
- Folder location: Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods
- Enable the script mod in TS4 to enjoy playing this module.
The Sims 4 Custom Drinks
Just as the name suggests, this modification will allow you to be a bartender (not literally) in your home or the club and create many delicious alcoholic beverages.
You can customize and choose from 15 pre-made drinks. In addition to this, you’ll be mesmerized by the fantastic graphics showcasing the procedure of making your perfect drink.
You can check this mod out on
You can get drunk in sims 4. However, you’ll need to download the modifications listed above as the base game doesn’t offer the provision of getting intoxicated.
The sims 4 drunk mod is perfect to have more realism in your game and to break the monotony. So, get these modifications now and have fun swimming!