Sims 4 has been a revolution in the simulation industry, and its customization options always leave both console and PC players dazzled. But there is a rare line of people who use the Chromebook who cannot access the beauty of this game. Everyone needs to have a good PC so they can easily play this game. That is why we will look at a solution for those with the Chromebook today.
We are going to see if playing Sims 4 for chromebook is going to be possible in this article. This article will also look at many methods and any information related to the mod.
Can you play sims on a Chromebook?
The sad truth is that you cannot play Sims 4 on the chromebook. But there are certain things we can do to try to play it. Many chromebook players have figured out ways to access the sims franchise on the chromebook. The reason why you cannot play this game on the chromebook is simple.
Most sims games run on the MS Windows OS, and Chromebooks, on the other hand, have a completely different operating system than Windows. This is the reason most games are not playable on the Chromebook. They also have low storage and lesser graphical capacity than most standard-issue laptops, and this is not even counting gaming laptops.
Many people have tried to install the Windows OS on the Chromebook as well. We are going to try doing that in this article too. However, we can do a couple of things to access the sims franchise.
Games you Can play on the Chromebook
In this section, we will look at the games pertaining to the Sims franchise you can access using the Chromebook. However, you will be astonished since there are only two compatible ones you can access.
Now, there are two games you can primarily play using the chromebook. Both are mobile games, and you can access them using the Play Store or the IOS app store. There are simple steps you can use to download both of these games. Let us see how you can.
- Open your chromebook and go to the Launcher.
- Open Google Play and type in the names of either of the games we discussed earlier. Either Sims Freeplay or Sims Mobile.
- After finding the game you want, hit the Install button.
- After the installation process finishes, open the game. You are good to go!
These games are not meant for you to play on a laptop; there will be lag issues and constant freezing. You will also have difficulty adjusting to the controls. Now, we are going to look at how you can download the sims 4 for the chromebook. There are a few workarounds, but you are going to need a couple of things.
Note: This is a risk-inducing method, so be sure you know them before jumping into it. We will delete the chrome OS and install the Windows OS for the chromebook. But before that, you will also need to know the minimum requirements of Sims 4.
Here are the minimum requirements:
- OS- 64 Bit, Windows 7,8, 10, or 11.
- Processor – Intel core i5 or faster/equivalent
- RAM – Minimum 4 GB
- Video Card – NVIDIA GTX 650
- Disc Drive – DVD ROM needed
- HDD – Min. 18 GB required
- DIRECTX – Direct X 9.0, 10, and 11 are compatible
You will need the following specifications on your laptop; if you have all of these, it will be easier for you to download the game. Most Chromebooks have a lot of SSD space, so you should be fine. However, powerful graphic cards are required to play this game.
You can also use your Windows computer as the host and play the sims 4 on your laptop. If you want to use that method, then here is the walkthrough.
- First, download Chrome Remote on both of your devices, the chromebook and the computer you will use.
- Next, you need to pair them up with the same internet connection, preferably Wi-fi, for faster internet speeds.
- Launch the Remote app on your chromebook and pair both of the computers with it.
- Then, launch a remote session using the app.
- You have to use your Windows PC as the host for this setup.
- Now, launch the game.
Recently, Chromebooks have had GeForce graphic cards set up. Now, let us look at how you can uninstall the Chrome OS and download Windows.
Will the Sims ever be available on the chromebook?
We do not have concrete information about if we will ever get sims 4 on a chromebook. But there are two reasons why these games will never be released for Chromebooks. Number 1 is that The Sims require better hardware than the Chromebooks are equipped to provide. The second is that they need a Windows OS, which the Chromebooks do not have since they are equipped with their own OS, the ChromeOS.
I have bought the sims 4, how can I get a refund?
The Great Game Guarantee allows you to get a refund for the purchased game within 14 days of downloading it and 24 hours after opening it.
How to play the sims 4 on a chromebook
Note: Do this at your own risk because this is a very volatile method to play the game.
Firstly, you will need two things, A Pendrive and the Windows OS in that Pendrive. Let us look at the steps.
- Open your Chromebook and remove the write protection screw (there are many tutorials out there that will help you achieve that)
- Once that task is finished, you need to enable Developer Options
- For that, hold your refresh key and escape key first and then press the power key; you have to do this without releasing the two keys.
- A screen indicates that the Chrome OS is damaged, now press Ctrl+D together and enter. This will enable the developer options.
- Press Ctrl+D again to load the boot developer mode.
- After the ChromeOS boot is finished, you will be taken over to the home screen; when on it, open a chrome tab by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T.
- A window that resembles the Windows command prompt opens up.
- Type “Shell” and then hit Enter.
- After this step is done, you will type “cd;bash <(curl https://johnlewis.ie/flash_cb_fw.sh),” and then press the Enter button.
- Doing this will show a menu of operations you can select.
- Press on the install full ROM option.
After this step, the PC will restart and should boot up with the BIOS screen if all steps are done correctly. Now, after the bootup starts, insert the pen drive and wait for the installation of the OS to begin; after it finishes, you can download the Sims 4 and enjoy the game!
How to download sims 4 for chromebook
You can download the game from Steam or Amazon. Even the XBOX game pass has the Sims 4, so go out there and download it.
However, there will always be freeze-framing and lag issues since the Chromebook was not meant to take so much of a heavy load. It is a pocket-friendly device that can be used to access the internet and do things on the go.
That is all the factual information we have on the sims 4 for chromebook. You cannot do many things besides playing the Google Play Store versions and uninstalling the ChromeOS, but we highly recommend not doing that. It is dangerous and can harm the safety protocols of your device.
That being said, make sure to have your computer fully connected if you are going to use the chrome Remote method. Happy swimming!