The Sims 4 tray importer is a mod or application used to import and extract tray files. It will allow you to recognize custom content and share it with other simmers. You can edit your images, get a personalized list, and you also get an option to remove unnecessary trays from the application. For a comprehensive analysis of all the points cited above, grab your reading glasses and start the article.
What is the Sims 4 Tray Importer?
This mod is unique with its fascinating features, which are given below:
You have an option to import all the Sims 4 content into the library with or without personalized content. With this feature, you may import as well as export the Sims 4 content from the library. A distinct feature of the Tray Importer is that you can receive an overview of the entire library. On top of it, you can receive a list of customized content that your sims creation can use. In case you can’t find your creation’s customized content, you can even take help from Google assistant.
You can extract the images of the sims that you created. Keep reading to find out how. Although the option of editing is also available but it’s not recommended. The conflict search tool is also at your disposal if something is not appearing on the screen correctly. Go to the tools option to initiate conflict search.
These features make this mod more interesting and tempt you to install it in the Sims 4 game.
How do I install Sims 4 import tray?
Before downloading the sims tray importer with the link provided in the content below, you need to check some system requirements. This mod will only run smoothly on certain system types.
All the prerequisites are given below:
First, you need to make sure your operating system is one of the options given in this list.
- Windows vista
- Windows 7
- All versions of Windows 8
- Windows 10
- Mac Os
Make sure that you have installed Microsoft.NET Framework. Following are the latest versions that are compatible with this mod:
- Install .NET Framework 4.5.2 on Windows Vista or Windows 7.
- Install .NET Framework 4.7 if you have Windows 10 anniversary update, Windows 8.1, or even Windows 7 SP1.
- You need to install .NET Framework 4.6.2 for Windows Vista SP2, Windows 10, or Windows 8
The application is available in 7 languages. If you cannot find your language in the list down below, you can import a translation from the application.
How To Use Tray Importer Sims 4
There are three necessary steps to use tray importer. All of them are given below in detail-
View the cc list
- Open the Sims 4 game application.
- You will see all your creations on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Ensure that the ‘Household,’ ‘Lots,’ and ‘Rooms’ options are turned ON in the list. You can search for creations in the search box.
- Tap on one of these ccs.
- Now you’ll spot 3 tabs on top of the page, namely ‘General,’ Files,’ and ‘CC.’
- Click on the ‘CC’ tab. A list of all the content creation will get displayed on the screen.
The next step is to change gallery images of your choice.
Change gallery images
- From the left side of the screen, select the creation of your choice.
- Click the menu button under the ‘General’ tab on the right side.
- Select the ‘Replace Images’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Choose an image of your choice and then click on the ‘Replace’ button.
The third and last step is to export all the tray files on the list.
Export tray files
- Again, select one of the creations on your list.
- Select the down arrow icon from the screen’s right-hand side under the ‘General’ tab, which is present right beside the ‘Save’ icon.
- A drop-down menu will be displayed on the screen; you have to select the ‘Export with CC’ option.
- A dialogue box called ‘Export with Custom Content’ will be displayed. Select the custom content or CC you want to pick and click on the ‘Export’ button.
- Search for a location to place your tray files.
- Hit the ‘Save’ button to secure your cc.
How to delete unwanted CC from the list?
You can remove all the unwanted CCs from the list that you do not use anymore. Here are the steps you need to follow to delete bad CCs:
- Step one is to open sims4trayimporter
- Click on the creation and then hit the ‘CC’ tab.
- Right-click the CC that you are willing to delete.
- Clicking on ‘Show containing folder’ will open the folder where this CC is saved.
- Now you need to right-click on this CC.
- Finally, select the delete option from the drop-down menu.
How To Download and install Sims 4 tray on desktop
There are two processes to install the application on your gaming devices. Both of them with detailed information will be enumerated down below.
The first approach to the installation process is as such:
- You need to open the archive named ‘S4TI_unified_inst.zip’
- Now find ‘S4TI_inst.exe’ and double tap on it.
- You can run the program to launch the installation and setup process.
Another approach for installation can be this:
- Start by right clicking on the ‘S4TI_unified_inst.zip’ archive.
- You need to extract all the files from the archive and place them in a new folder.
- Open the new folder that you created and search for ‘S4TI_unified_inst.exe’.
- Double click on this file and launch the program installation process.
In case you receive a message saying, “Do you want this program to make changes to your computer?”. You need to click on ‘yes’ for the smooth operation of the mod.
If it is about an unrecognized program, select ‘more info’ or continue by clicking on the ‘yes’ option.
Sims 4 Tray Importer Mac
We all know that regular PC and Macs work differently because of their different OS. You might face complications while installing the mod on Mac. Here is everything you need to know before installing tray importer on your Mac devices.
First, we need to check system comparability by these three measures :
- Mac OS should be 10.9 or above.
- It would be best if you had Mono 5.10.1 or higher.
- In case you have Mono 5.18, then you will need Mac OS 10.12 and higher.
Go through the following steps to complete the download and installation process.
- The first step is to download and install Mono on your Mac OS. Or else you won’t be able to use the application on your Mac device.
- Download the application from the link given in the article.
- Double click on the downloaded file to extract the data.
- You can create a separate ‘Application’ folder and place the file in it.
What to do when the Sims 4 Tray Importer stops working?
You may face some technical problems from time to time with this mod. But do not worry, simmers. Here we have provided simple tips and tricks that you can use when sims 4 tray importer is not working :
- If your tray importer is not showing CC 2021, then make sure to re-enable it in the game. Because the system automatically disables CC whenever there’s a patch.
- Make sure to update the game regularly irrespective of the patch you are using.
- If the issue still pertains, then you try uninstalling and download the mod again. Most of the time, it can solve the problem.
Available updates for Tray Importer in Sims 4 2021
Deevo fixed numerous bugs and released several updates to improve the quality of gaming with this application. The latest updates in 2021 are given as –
If your configuration file is damaged, this version fixes startup issues, which may lead to ‘ConfigurationErrorsException.’
- The UniPlugin is updated to resolve the issue with lined images.
- The hanging issue of ‘0-1%’ with the progress dialogue box is also cleared.
- You can select files to compare them with each other.
- Delaying issue while exporting larger files is resolved.
- Performance is improved, making the application run faster.
The ‘elapsed time’ is fixed, which was leading to problems while updating.
To send Sims 4 tray, follow these steps –
• Navigate to The Sims 4>Tray folder, and you’ll find 5 new files in it.
• The 5 files are named householdbinary, trayitem, sgi, hhi, and another hhi.
• Copy these files, but don’t move them anywhere.
• Paste the same under your character’s name. You can shift all old trays into the folder now.
Here is how you can organize tray folder in Sims 4 –
• Go to Explorer and open the tray folder. Sort items according to their date. Leave the file open.
• Start the game and save it or create a new one.
• Transition to Manage Worlds.
• Navigate to your library and see if the Custom Content is enabled under Advanced. Choose the first thing on the list and include it in the game. In a household, go for testingcheats to modify the household in CAS and save it in the library. Or else, in case of a room/lot, choose build mode for the same.
• Press ALT+Tab to return to your tray folder and ensure that the new items are in there.
• Highlight the object files, right-click on them and click Send to -> Compressed (zipped) folder” from the menu.
• Rename the .zip folder and delete the remaining files from the folder.
• Follow the same steps from point 4 for each item.
Sims 4 tray importer is a great application that lets simmers run wild with their imagination. Make sure to follow all the steps that are mentioned to enjoy the features of this mod. The article written above will answer all the questions that might arise regarding this application.
If you liked the above application, you would surely get a kick out of the master controller’s made by nrass. Check this mod out for your Sims 3 game.