The Sims 4 Reshade mod was developed by Crosire, which is a primary post-processing injector for video games and their likes. Its features include color correction and depth information that are automatically updated. If your multiplayer mode is enabled, the depth information will disable instinctively.
Some other attributes it offers are shading language and transcompiler, also known as Reshade FX. You can even apply the textures from the shader code and change their color codes if you wish. Custom variations such as timers and critical states are also available, and you can retrieve details about color and depth also.
Reshade Sims 4 guide
To avoid losing your way while using this modification, go through this Sims 4 Reshade tutorial to stay on the right track.
- Click on Shift+F2 for reshade guide.
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- You’ll find the option RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED in the “Preprocessor definition” box.
- Change the depth details to 0 if it’s set to 1 because it means the buffer is reversed.
- Return to the Home tab.
- You’d find the button “Reload” at the bottom of the screen. Click on it and wait until the shaders start reworking.
- Soon, the depth effects start working effectively.
If the module still creates glitches in the game, it might be because you don’t have .ini files in your folder. You’d have to re-install everything from the clean bin with no previous data.
How to use Reshade modific
To enable and use this console, press Shift+F2 simultaneously. Soon after this, create presets with different names under your Reshade menu, and voila, you’re a natural at it.
Types of Reshades
Here is a list of all the Reshade presets to choose from. Take a look.
- Simemi’s Preset – This preset is at the top and deservedly so. It’s easy to use and adds a tinge of vibrancy and zing to the game, and attends to all your needs in the best way possible.
- Money and milk – All your worries about extra editing would now be a thing of the past with this attribute.
- Clear boom – This is a thoroughly detailed feature applicable to all the sceneries available and in-depth tutorial, which is a must.
- Patchouli rose – If you’re looking for an aesthetically pleasing flavor to add to your experience of gaming, then you’re at the right place. Its vivid, romantic images are all you’d want after looking at them in Intramoon’s list of presets.
- Pixelore drama – It adds more drama to your game and provides it a movie-like effect, making it perfect for storytelling or machimas.
- Honeybodies nostalgia – There isn’t much difference between this feature and Pixelore drama as both function the same way.
- Whiisker pristmatic – It effectively adds visual depth to images and adds a soft and dreamy touch to everything.
- RemusSirion’s Story Room – Unlike the previous one, this one gives eerie and scary effects in your gaming.
Reshade Preset bug
Like many other simmers, you might have encountered issues regarding the camera that goes out of control and affects your play. This glitch mostly occurs when you use the right-hand click option to move the camera around (while choosing the gameplay or the Create-A-Sim option), the speed could increase manifolds, or it might not respond the way you expect it to.
To fix this issue, you should uninstall the re-install the module as it’s the only option left. Also, don’t hoard shaders and select the one which is actually of use to you because they create a mess and overlap presets and shaders, thus causing problems. It’s essential to keep them updated to the latest versions and make sure they are in sync.
How to download Reshade Sims 4
A precondition to download this modification is for you to have the preset files (.ini) available through the user’s module interface to share your configuration. This would ensure that all the presets are placed in the mod’s folder on their own, including both .ini and .txt.
The present is a crucial element as it adds contrast to the light level of the program. The colors included could make the illustrations soothing or funny. It also incorporates improved aesthetics in the game.
How to install Reshade Sims 4
The steps to install the Sims 4 Reshade mod are as follows –
- Firstly, download the module from the link given above.
- Open the Installer, then right-click on the Installer and run the application as administrator.
- Click on the “Select game,” which is found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin and select on the .exe file, which is based on the size of the version you choose, like 32 or 64 bits.
- Select “Direct3D 9,” and it’d ask the question, “If you wish to download a collection of standard effects from their Github.” Click on YES, which would lead the other’s presets to work correctly.
- When it’d ask you to choose files you wish to install, select all the options provided to you.
- The modific is successfully installed. You can close the Installer.
Installation of Reshade Presets
Presets are as essential to your program’s working as the module; therefore, follow these instructions to install them with ease.
- Download the preset provided by whiisker.
- Downloading them is the first step before moving on to their installation. You can do the same with other presets also.
- Unzip the file and change the preset to (.ini) and move it to the Bin folder, located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin.
- Start the game. Although it might lag a little at first, it’d get better after a while.
- Press Shift+F2 and stick to the tutorials to enable the reshade modific.
- Turn on the “Performance mode” placed in the Settings. Use the Configuration mode if you wish to change the settings.
- Navigate to the Home tab and choose the downloaded preset.
- Take a screenshot by pressing Print Screen instead of C.
How to uninstall Reshades
Before moving on to this step, acquaint yourself with the tutorial mentioned earlier.
- To remove the modification, delete the files from the Bin Folder.
- Go to the program files and locate the folder named “Origin Games.”
- Then, navigate to the folder “The Sims 4.”
- You will receive access to the “Game” file, which contains the “Bin” folder.
- In there, you are required to delete all the files related to the Reshade.
Even after installing the module, it isn’t showing up in the game. What to do in such a case?
- It’s important to remember that you’re installing the Reshade modific on PC and not on Mac as it doesn’t support this feature.
- A banner would be visible to you on top of the screen, and if it isn’t visible, then there’s an installation error.
- You should also have the reshade-shaders (folder) and d3d9.dll in your bin folder.
What are all the custom contents available in presets?
- Male kijiko skintone + Joshua (or Raphael / Connor / obscurus overlay versions) + a penis tattoo like Noir’s (tattoo is in CAS, then select with WW)
Kijiko’s can be found below all the healthy skin tones; then, you can add an overlay on it in face details (click face > face icon > freckles icon).
- FACE Obscurus nose + pores (blush) + Alf-si eyes (non-DEF, or Defaults near bottom) + eyes tattoo
- HAIR Retextures by RedHeadSims (you download retexture + original mesh linked)
All these details would have surely swayed you a little towards wanting this module, right? If it still hasn’t, let me tell you, that there is a lot more waiting for you in Sims 4 Reshade mod that is worth your time and energy. So, take a look, and I bet you’d come across something that catches your eye.