Table of Contents
The AAA titles in the gaming world have evolved tenfold. Primarily every release we see nowadays that has open world capability gets a good review in the market. It allows players to do whatever they want rather than sticking to a single storyline.
The Sims franchise, in theory, should be open world because it is a real-life simulator, but the developers have not given it a thought yet. That is why, the mod community took it upon themselves to create a Sims 4 open-world mod that allows people to roam around the neighborhood as if it were an open-world game.
In this article, we will look at everything you need to know about the Sims 4 open world mod, along with its installation process, if it is worth getting, and more.
Is there an open world mod for Sims 4?
Yes, there is, my fellow simmers! The open world is named Brookheights as it is downloadable and can be installed in your game files. We will give you the download link and the steps to download it later. Brookheights is built like a country, which automatically gets added to the game. However, there is a slight problem for F2P (free-to-play) players.
If you do not have the Sims 4 Get To Work and the City Living expansion packs, you will not be able to play it. Simmer Arnie is the creator of this beautiful mod, and it is an entirely different experience from the usual point and click of the sims games.
There are airports, malls, cars, and also a story mode. There was a lot of time and effort given to this mod which is why the creator lost their job building it.
What’s new in the sims 4 brook heights world?
As we mentioned, there are many new things, including a storyline for the main character, Amos, who wants to know more about his identity and where he is from. The story mode patches you through many things you can do and lets you create and shape Amos’s origin story. This kind of variety was never seen before in these sims games.
Things you can do in brook heights
There is a lot of creative work that has gone into the creation of the maps in the brook heights world. The creator has taken already existing maps and converted them into a version of their own. Multiple maps like Del Sol Valley, Granite Falls, Magnolia Promenade, and Sulani have been modified. You can look at them down below.
Del Sol Valley
Along with these maps, there are many other things you can do. Another good addition is removing the loading screens, which makes the game feel more seamless. This world is built like a big area, and the main character can move around this huge playable area.
There is a 360×360 playable area that can be expanded, and there is a 50×50 lot that players can use to build on if they wish. The world is inspired by the city of New York and has its luster and skyscrapers. The story starts with the main character trying to find more about his origins, with him exploring all around the world to find who his parents are.
You can explore the free city and do activities such as renting a lodge, going to a musical, going grocery shopping, and even going to the gym! Even though the buildings are fully interactive, you can go inside and interact with various things. To get a work visa you will have to obtain it from a specific building.
The best feature, however, is that you can drive around! Once you get a job and start making money, it is possible to buy a car and drive it around the town. If Sims ever becomes an open-world franchise, the driving mechanics have to be like the one in this mod; absolutely brilliant! You can even ride on a plane, go to the airport and take a plane to a different place to experience this feature.
There are constant updates that Arnie keeps adding to this, so make sure you keep tuning into his blog for updates. Overall this mod is an excellent addition to prolong the life cycle of sims 4 and add something creative that the fans will love.
How to download and install the sims 4 open world mod
There are simple steps you need to follow to install this mod. However, you should know that the City Living and Get to Work expansion packs must be installed on your device prior to downloading this mod.
Here is a Youtube video that will show you all the steps
- The first step is to download the mod; to do that, you need to visit Arnie’s website.
- Scroll down and find the Brookheights legacy option; it will be highlighted in blue; there is also a save file option. Download the Brookheights legacy one(not the save file). Note: If there are updates to this mod, you must delete the pre-existing mod and install it again on your PC.
- After your download is done, open the folder in the Downloads section of your PC.
- If you do not have 7zip or Winrar, you can download them online; here is the link to Winrar
- If you do have an unzipper, skip the previous step, unzip the Brooklynheights by right-clicking on it and pressing, extract here. This will create a new folder, which will have two sub-folders in it.
- The first will be a manual, and the second will be an auto-install folder. Before you go any further, create a save backup of sims 4 just in case anything goes wrong.
- Now double click on Auto Install; inside the folder, you will see an Installation App, click on it, and the process will begin.
- Keep clicking on the Next button, and once the installation finishes, click on the Finish button.
- Ensure your mods and script mods are enabled in-game, so you can start using this mod. The installed mod will appear in your sims 4 mods folder. You can also set the mod folder as the destination folder during the start of the installation wizard.
Is the mod worth downloading?
Yes, the mod is absolutely worth downloading due to its integration of the open world aspect. It allows the player to play the sims but with a new perspective, and there are slight inclusions to sims 3 mechanics as well. This will give old-school fans hardcore nostalgia.
That is all we need to know about the Sims 4 open world mod, our dear simmers! You can do many things as we covered earlier, so do not be afraid to get out of the house like Amos and explore Brooklyn Heights city.
Make sure to drive around, travel by plane, go to the mall, eat in restaurants, go to general stores and check out every nook and cranny that took so much time and effort to build Arnie. The only thing bringing you down is your imagination, and in the sims games, that is rarely a problem for anyone. Happy swimming!