Table of Contents
A Sims 4 fan would always love its mod to an extent. Well, one such mod is Sims 4 HQ mod, which takes the gameplay and its texture to a high level.
This mod has received appreciation and you can even use the UI cheats sims 4, if you want to look forward to it, make sure you read the article.
The article below fills you with all the information you need about the modification.
Also, check the article to know how to install and download this 2022 version of the modification. Read along to know more about the HQ mod, Sims 4.
The Sims 4 HQ mod
Just like many other mods of the game, here comes a new one that would make your Sims live much clear.
The HQ mod in Sims 4 has many characteristics, which would surprise you to an extent. This mod brings the High-Quality Textures in use to your player.
You don’t need to restart the game to enable the mod as it automatically comes into the play. You could also turn it off when you don’t need it. You must find the switch off option in the Graphics category. The textures, which is not HQ based, would be seen in black throughout the game.
Some more things you must know about the mod are that it supports all languages and gender types. Also, you could switch your Shadow maps to 4k base, if you feel the lighting is comparatively higher than it has to be. To know more, follow the article below.
Ways to turn on the HQ mod Sims 4
The ts4 HQ mod is a graphic setting that would get used to replacing the “Uncompressed textures” to turn on the high-quality ones. This mod could help the game have HQ textures like 4096×2048.
Also, if the mod gets turned off, then the game would display the standard textures, which are 2048×1024.
The following would be the considerable ways, which would tell you how to use the high-quality mod:
- You must first make sure if the mod gets turned on then the ones with standard textures would get seen in the black colour.
- You must make sure you download all the appropriate High-quality game files that are necessary from the Alf-Si HQ mod, and it should have compatible versions.
- While you download this modification, you would have specific data like .package and .sgr files. You need to take care of the place, where these files are stored as they need to be placed right in the game.
- The .package file must be in the mod folder; documents/electronic arts/sims4.
- Also, the.sgr file would get placed in the bin; origin games/sims 4/game/bin. Make sure you have the backup of all the original data named graphics rules.
- Sometimes, the mod might not have turned on in the game as you expected it to be. So, if it isn’t, then you must re-apply the graphic settings into the game again.
|GP06 Jungle Adventure;
|SP13 Laundry Day
|SP14 First Pet
The Sims 4 graphic mod and its Appropriate Texture sizes
Before you move ahead with all the information and download links, you must make sure you do not combine the non-HQ textures with high-quality ones.
As you might use the edited installation of the Graphics.srg and associate with the non-HQ ones, then the mod won’t work correctly.
The following would be the texture sizes:
- Rles (Specular Map), which got used for Maps and Masks 1024X2048
- Rle2 (Shadow Maps, Diffuse), whose resolution is 2048X4096
- Normal Map (Bump), which might not be Critical to the Scenario
The bugs and debugs of the Sims 4 texture mod
- If you see some black textures on your sim or its parts, then it might occur due to the existence of the inappropriate shadow, which is visible due to the diffuse maps. To correct it you have to change some of the clothes, hair, tattoos, and makeup of your player from the vanilla game.
- There might be a chance, where all the reflections in the game would get vanished of the inappropriate alternative of specular map. Now, again if you want to correct it, then you must still change the way they style as quoted in the above pointer.
- Even, the game might show you some possibilities that all your sims are displaying black structures and this would happen due to the incorrect alternative of the diffuse maps. So, to make it correct, you must change the wearable of your players.
- If the above doesn’t work in your favour, then you could always opt for the cc Conflict Detector to find flaws in the modification.
- Also, you could try moving the mod’s folder away from all the custom contents in the default folder.
And if all the above things don’t work and still the mod shows glitches then you could try some of the steps mentioned below:
- You could move all the custom content files from the mods folder to any different place on your system. You could find these files next to the Resource one.
- Another you could do is to download all the base game files to your mods folder.
- Next, you must try changing the Graphics.srg file.
- Try running the game and check whether the other players are excellent or not. You don’t need to check yours.
- If the players are not unique, then you check the packages files. You could find the resources.cfg file in your default mod folder.
Custom content compatibility to HQ textures
You could increase the compatibility by resizing your textures. It automatically does that for you, but in case you want to do it manually then follow the steps below:
- Firstly, you must open the package and then subsequently extract rle2/rles file from it.
- These package files contain tutorials for imports and exports of the textures, and you could also find them in the Photoshop CS6.
- Once you find the rle2image/rlesimage, you have to rename it and use the converter.
- By any chance, if the game gets closed when you import/export the textures, then you should make sure that you reduce the number of textures that got imported or exported.
- You may also make the use of DDS that got made to import.
Note: If you want to apply the Sims 4 texture mod, the game would appear with slower loading time and could make it slower than usual.
This happens because the HQ textures are way more significant in size than the normal ones. There might not be any significant changes yet observable. Merging could surely help.
Steps to install the Sims 4 HQ mod
Before you read the steps, you should know that one must change two lines of Graphics.srg file as it could convert the standard into HQ textures.
- First of all, you need to replace all your base game textures to Alf-Si HQ mods.
- Secondly, you have set your player’s texture quality to “very high”, and if the game is not supporting it, you could never benefit from the mod.
- Thirdly, anything in your game, which doesn’t support high-quality textures then it would appear black.
Sims 4 HQ mod downloads
You must visit the official site of the mod to download it and save them to your mods folder. Also, make sure there are no existing files, which could cause a glitch to the mod.
More things about the HQ mod
- Make sure you don’t use it with normal gameplay unless you have a powerful and robust system. If you add the high-quality mod to such gameplay, it could be very burdensome.
- Although, the sims don’t have cameras all over their face every time and in the normal one you couldn’t be beneficial with the mod.
- You could switch off the mod by subsequently adding the original file, which is Graphic.srg.
- You should slightly change the default settings of your player by making their textures and detailing to be at the highest level to use the modification properly.
- To see the considerable difference you have to zoom in tour sim’s face to notice it.
- Most of you were asking about the Sims 3 HQ mod. The Sims 3 doesn’t support the high-quality textures as it is not designed in that way.
|GP06 Jungle Adventure;
|SP13 Laundry Day
|SP14 First Pet