Table of Contents
The latest Sims 4 update was grand, and it changed a lot of things in the game so, the mod malfunctions were inevitable.
Even though this update automatically disables your Mods & CC to ensure your game functions smoothly, you’re still left in the dark by not knowing if some of your favorite Mods are affected by the latest update or not.
This also includes mods that have been confirmed to be unaffected, broken and ones that have undergone an update to work with Sims 4’s latest version.
Luckily, none of the cc attributes were affected.
What are some changes in the new update?
Let us look at some of the changes that occurred after the update:
- Over 100 new skin tone swatches were added.
- A slider for further customization.
- A color slider for makeup.
- It also modified the home screen UI and included several bug fixes.
Reporting broken mods sims 4
If you’ve enabled your CC / mods installed in the game and noticed that something is off or there is some mod conflict and know which mod is causing it to make sure you report it in the forums.
Also check if your script mods are enabled.
Before reporting a mod is broken, test it:
- Backup your saves if you save over a favorite file while you’re testing.
- Remove everything from your Mods folder except the mod being tested and, if you’re looking for the last exception (LE) to be generated, look for TwistedMexi’s Better Exceptions and the core MCC Center files.
- Delete the localthumbcache file from your mods folder.
- Start your game and test to see if the mod is doing what it should. If it isn’t, then report it.
NOTE: What works for one player might not work for another, as many of these mod conflict depend on the blending of custom content and modifications you are using.
Sometimes it is mods that cause an ambivalence with themselves rather than a conflict with the update.
Which modules are working fine?
- The majority of our CC makeup, and skin details (including the 3D Lashes by Kijiko) worked fine.
- Some custom content makeup works with the sliders to a certain extent, enabling the opacity to be fixed – quite useful for creating a more matte look with the stark CC makeup.
- While custom skin tones were not noticeable at first glance due to the changed layout, other Create-a-Sim items were present and usable, just without the slider’s level of customization.
- A random sample of skin overlays also seemed to work optimally.
- Most of the mods, including the MC Command Centre, BetterBuildBuy, and the TOOL mod, were all functional.
TS4 broken mods list and some issues
- More Clubs Per Sim (Neia)
- No CC Wrench (claudiasharon)
- Kijiko non-default skin tones (not visible in CAS)
- Noodles’ Berry Skin Colors (not visible in CAS)
- Belly and Breast Sliders by Vibrant Pixels
- Lazarus 3 default skin blend by grimcookies
- Melanin Packs by Xmiramira
- Some Wicked Whims textures for – ahem, and anatomically correct Sims will need an update.
- There is an issue with the base game relating to how genetics function when two Sims with distinct skin tones have a child together.
- The child always ends up having a lighter skin tone. Game developers have announced they are looking into the issue.
Sims 4 updated mods and CC
- Pregnancy Overhaul (LittleMsSam)
- No Outfit Changing – Custom LotTrait & Traits (LittleMsSam)
- Elevator Toddler Fix (LittleMsSam)
- Lay Down Success Chance (Cats & Dogs) (LittleMsSam)
- No Blind Date Call (Get Famous) (LittleMsSam)
- Phone Call Overhaul (Lotharihoe)
- Run, Don’t Jog (Lotharihoe)
- LittleMsSam: all not above, except Age Up Mod, which is waiting for a test of the patch fix
- Lotharihoe: all not above
- YourFalseHope: traits, interactions, and other mods & fixes
- Basemental (Reported fine by creator)
- Additional CAS Columns (weerbesu)
- UI Cheats Extension (weerbesu)
- Better Exceptions
- Better BuildBuy
- Expandable BuildBuy
- AllCheats and my other “Always” or toggle mods.
- CleanUI (but needs some icon updates)
- All of Zebru’s mods were reported as satisfactory.
- MC Command Centre – no issues reported
- Brookheights Open World (The Sims Plus/Arnie Sims)
With this, we end the list of our sims 4 broken mods, and updated CCs.
The update was much needed, so don’t worry if some of your content creations don’t work.
Remember to report it to any TS4 forum because its update might come sooner than you’ll expect it to arrive.
Have fun, simmers!